Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 4 - Disrupters eCommerce



WowthosewerethefastestthreespeakersIhaveeverseeninarow! I think they were time-constrained.
The data that these people have is incredible. The first speaker understood what data he had and how useful it was for companies. I think we can all give a sigh of relief when we see that only the aggregate is shared and not individual transactions. He spoke a little too quickly for me to truly follow his five minute talk.
I get the concept of 20x200, but it seemed a little irrelevant to the class. I guess it is just a different business model to buy art. It seemed strange to me, but I guess I am not a trained connoisseur yet. I might have to check it out just to see what it is about. Maybe I can spruce up my walls a little bit.
Alice.com impressed me the most. Everything she said about the (supposed) misconceptions regarding buying household items online costing more than going to retail stores was the same reason I hadn't purchased those items online. Their business model is no different than many online retailers of cutting out the middlemen and providing a cheaper cost product with high value to the customer. I am impressed. I am signing up with Alice as we speak (or read I guess). We will see how it goes with the first order.

No comments:

Post a Comment