Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 3 - Charlie Rose and Twitter


So I think it is weird that I am blogging about the CEO of Twitter who is a co-founder of Twitter and Blogger, both of which we are using in this class. The video proved that you don't have to be an eloquent speaker, or even very confident about your product to be a CEO. It was difficult to listen to Evan Williams at times.


Other than that, I think Evan was on the right track when he was talking about what Twitter would be in 5 years. I think it will become more mainstream and more people will be used to tweeting and reading tweets. I had never used Twitter prior to this class and after about 2 days of using it for this class, I signed up my own personal account. Now I find myself adding news sites, sports teams I like, and other friends that I follow just to be up to date. With the amount of class I have had over the last two years, I always felt out of the loop. At least I can browse headlines just to keep up with the world.

I thought it was funny that they decided on 140 characters to fit in the 160 SMS limit. It is funny because he said that SMS text tweeting is not close to being the top medium for tweeting. I assume most people who tweet on their phone do it through the web browser or other app on their phone. Anyway, the program was short but could have been shorter (like 140 seconds) due to the painfulness of listening to Evan Williams stumble over his thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment