Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 3 - Wrap-up

Well, I got to everything I meant to get to this week. I am out of town this weekend making it more difficult to get to all the material available for the week. I did not experience any technical difficulties, other than finding some wi-fi spots I could connect to. This week, along with the entire class, has shown how powerful social networking can be. I really enjoyed thinking about how expansive our human networks have become with the internet and social networking. Knowledge truly is power and the quicker we can transfer knowledge throughout the world the better our companies, countries, and individual lives will be. I think all the social media is expanding so quickly that many companies need to be looking harder into these trends as to not be left behind.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your week 3 blogs prompts several thoughts! First, I think you're ready for "prime time." Your blogs are truly a work of art. You do a nice job of combining commentary with pictures and diagrams. In short, as a marketing guy would say, it is packaged in a very appealing manner.
    Second, I agree with you about the CEO of Twitter. He is not a particularly intriguing interview. But I did enjoy hearing more about the conception and strategy for Twitter. You have to be impressed with its reach and penetration. And, I'm always fascinated as to the thinking that leads to this type of innovation. How did someone recognize this would catch on? I always try to analyze the underlying appeal. But I must admit it's a challenge. Finally, I share your thoughts about TED and am equally impressed with how current their coverage is. I guess it's the world we live in.

    Closing thought: your blogs reflect insightful consideration of material. Well done!

    ReplyDelete