Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 1 - R. Hoffman LinkedIn

The biggest thing I took away from the Reid Hoffman video was his vision of the two separate profiles (a professional and a social profile). Obviously that was the entire reason for LinkedIn or Facebook and MySpace could fill the void. I liked his vision of everyone having at least two profiles, but it makes more sense to me to keep it to two profiles. I felt the description of MySpace was poor (the "customizable" profile). Maybe that is a reason I feel like MySpace is on its way out. I think there needs to be a way to link all your profiles or at least filter them into one account. Who would want to manage all the different profiles or even have the time to do it?

Overall, I felt this video was interesting to listen to, but it jumped around a lot and wasn't relevant to the class for large portions of the video.

Additional comment: Three cell phones?! Looks like there is a huge opportunity to increase our overall productivity and ways we connect with others and to other companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment